We all know that accidents and illness can happen at any moment, especially for our children. Often, you may find yourself in need of a pediatric doctor, but you can’t get to one. But that’s why we have urgent care! The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care facility here to help in the case of non-life-threatening situations for you and your children. If you’re a parent, you understand how necessary this option is!
Kids Get Sick At The Darndest Times
A funny thing about kids is how and when they get sick—and only a parent can tell how they’re truly feeling! In this case, you may not find out they’re feeling poor until they get home from school and after normal doctor’s offices close. But you don’t have to let an illness or accident disrupt your lives. You can get quick pediatric urgent care after normal office hours at the St. Francis Campus Urgent Care.
To Wait Or Not To Wait
Sometimes when your child is feeling ill, it’s difficult to tell if you should wait until morning or see a doctor now. We recommending attending to the following accidents and issues as soon as possible at our pediatric urgent care clinic:
- High Fevers: Especially when accompanied by other symptoms, a fever of 100.4 to 102.2 is cause for concern. Sometimes the doctor will recommend at-home treatment before visiting. Call us ahead of time for immediate advice.
- Deep Cuts and Burns: Accidents happen, we can patch your kid up quick!
- Sprains and Strains: It can be difficult to tell if it’s a fracture or a sprain. Know their condition and begin care immediately when you bring them into St. Francis Campus Urgent Care.
- Minor Broken Bones or Simple Fractures: St. Francis Campus Urgent Care is equipped to X-Ray and treat simple broken bones or fractures. Call us if you have questions about bringing your child in for a potentially broken or fractured bone.
- Severe Vomiting or Diarrhea: Make sure your kids don’t get dehydrated and heal those nasty belly aches.
Showing Signs of Sickness
Our pediatric urgent care facilities are the ideal option when you are unable to see your child’s regular pediatrician. We can treat the flu, ear and eye infections, severe sinus infections, and other non-life-threatening illnesses for all children 3 months of age and older. Plus, we are generally quicker than regular pediatrician offices. When it’s difficult to tell the severity of their symptoms, a quick visit to our office can put their symptoms at ease in less time. And of course, we will do everything we can to make your children feel comfortable at our office!
Schedule Your Appointment
Immediate care at St. Francis Campus Urgent Care helps your child feel prompt relief and ensures that they will begin healing quickly. You can call our clinic at 785-379-4600, seven days a week. We look forward to becoming a reliable health partner in your community. While we wish you good health always, we will be here to help you anytime you need us!